Software Defined Infrastructure
Defined as computing infrastructure entirely under the control of software with no operator or human intervention, HPE Software-defined infrastructure (SDI) consists of fully virtualised compute, networking and storage resources, logically pooled and managed as if they were software.
Why choose this approach?
Software-defined infrastructure can be hardware agnostic and operated with minimal human intervention, allowing many critical IT functions to be fully integrated and automated.
Major benefits include:
- Simplified IT consumption models: Full datacentre virtualisation allows compute, networking and storage resources to be flexibly configured on a per-application basis from commoditised hardware
- Automated configuration, back-ups and data recovery: Application-aware infrastructure automatically handles application requirements, security, and disaster-preparedness functions
- Ease of management: App-store like management dashboards can be used to provision and monitor software-defined infrastructure
- Fully integrated hybrid cloud capabilities: SDI is capable of placing workloads in private or public clouds as appropriate to maintain data integrity while increasing speed and efficiency and decreasing costs.
Software-defined, composable infrastructure
Composable infrastructure is a new approach to architecture allowing users to deploy IT resources quickly and for any workload via software-defined infrastructure. It combines this software-defined intelligence with a unified API that incorporates powerful tools from the HPE partner ecosystem.
Software-defined infrastructure services:
- The HPE Transformation Workshop for SDI accelerates business and IT stakeholder consensus, planning, discovery and the transformation journey
- HPE Readiness and Roadmap Service for SDI defines current and future state solution and builds the roadmap of projects for IT infrastructure, people and processes to bridge the capability gaps
- HPE Architecture and Design, Service for SDI, followed by implementation services will speed-up design, deployment and architectural process leveraging HPE’s SDI Reference Architecture.
Tech Data offers unrivalled knowledge of the broad portfolio of HPE solutions and services for software-defined infrastructure, with expertise in-depth ready to assist you in developing and closing software-defined solutions business. Our own vendor ecosystem goes beyond even that of HPE, ensuring seamless integration within any customer environment.