In today’s fast-paced idea economy featuring hyper-connected IT environments, traditional infrastructures just aren’t delivering anymore. Addressing this need, HPE Synergy is the first Composable Infrastructure platform, designed from the ground to run both traditional and cloud-native applications. Your customers can use HPE Synergy technology, software and services to build the ultra-responsive, application-centric IT infrastructures needed to transform IT service delivery, get-to-market quickly and take early advantage of competitive opportunities.
HPE Synergy’s Composable Infrastructure is built around three key design principles:
- Fluid Resource Pools – compute, storage and fabric composed and recomposed on demand via HPE OneView, boots up ready to deploy workloads, physical, virtual or containerized
- Software Defined Intelligence – self discovers and assembles the required infrastructure with repeatable, frictionless updates
- A Unified API – uses a single line of code to abstract every infrastructure element, delivering 100% programmability and a bare-metal interface for IaaS.
The benefits to customers include:
- Reduced overprovisioning by as much as 60% and cut CapEx by up to 17% upfront and 30% ongoing
- Meet Line of Business IT demands at cloud-speed, eradicate the weeks of work required to deploy new applications in a traditional infrastructure. HPE Synergy pulls from pools of infrastructure to provision compute, storage and networking at ultra-fast speeds, enabling repeat deployments quickly and consistently
- Increased productivity and control, using a single line of code to connect to a growing ecosystem of partners including Microsoft and VMware, the solutions’ Composable API can deliver all the infrastructure necessary for an application, without the need for weeks of scripting.
Building a Composable Infrastructure with HPE Synergy is simple, HPE suggests a 5-step process:
- Start with an HPE Synergy Frame – uniting compute, storage and fabric in a single intelligent, industry-standard infrastructure, that fits into standard racks and delivers today high-standards for power and cooling. Includes HPE Synergy Composer powered by OneView for simple, single-interface control
- Decide on the optional Image Streamer management appliance, automatically creating bootable images and configuring streaming of these onto compute modules for fluid alignment between infrastructure and workloads
- Choose a Compute Module to reflect your customer’s need, from general purpose to mission-critical workloads, configured almost instantly and easy to compose and recompose as necessary. Customers can choose from a range of two and four socket modules
- Choose the right HPE Synergy Composable Fabric from a wide range of interconnect modules to simplify network connectivity using disaggregation in a cost-effective, highly-available and scalable architecture.
- Choose the right HPE Synergy Composable Storage required to build your pool of flexible storage capacity, choose from fully integrated internal storage modules and software defined-storage to directly connected, fully orchestrated flash arrays. Use Composable Storage to store and share anything, file, block or object data, whatever the data type, connectivity protocol or service-level need.
Use HPE Pointnext Services, including HPE Flexible Capacity and Transformation Workshops, alongside Tech Data’s in-house HPE storage, infrastructure and solutions expertise to scope and deliver profitable HPE Synergy business. Connect to Tech Data Advanced Solutions' wider vendor ecosystem for extended opportunities.